Sad Friendship Quotes

Sad friendship quote
A friend is one of the greatest assets that any person can have. Apart from the good times that friends share by being in each others' company, having a good friend in life means much more. It means having someone who provides strength and support and makes life worth the moments that are spent together. So when there is a rift or break in a friendship (for whatever reasons) it is one of the greatest losses that a person can experience. After a breakup in friendship, a person might go through several emotions that range from anger, sadness, hurt, cynicism and depression - all of which fall under the natural process of healing.

Select quotes that illustrate these emotions have been listed below. Go through these and see if you can identify with the same.

Sad Quotes on Friendship Breakups

At most times, the breakup of a good friendship is a horrible blow to any person. They miss the good times that were experienced, and think back over and over again to what once was and can never again be. The following quotes are born of those emotions.

My best friend... I feel like I've lost him forever, and he was like my touchstone. - Reality Bites

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone. - Anonymous

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. - Kahlil Gibran

Not all scars show, not all wounds heal. Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels. - Anonymous

Real loss only occurs when you lose something that you love more than yourself. - Anonymous
Bitter Quotes on Friendship Breakups

A rift in friendship leaves many disillusioned and bitter. Sometimes it leaves them cynical and very negative in life as well. The following quotes are born of those times.

Friendship is but a name; fidelity but an empty name. - Ovid

The courts of kings are full of men, empty of friends. - Seneca

While fortune lasts you will see your friend's face. - Petronius

Be, as many now are, rich to yourself, poor to your friends. - Juvenal

These days flattery wins friends, truth begets hatred. - Terence

I myself am the only friend I have. - Terence

I'm not even going to get mad anymore. I'm just going to learn to expect the lowest out of the people I thought the highest of. - Anonymous

Discovered who were my real friends. I just wished that wasn't the way I had to discover. - Anonymous

Whoever says Friendship is easy has obviously never had a true friend! - Bronwyn Polson
Sad quotes about friendship are many, and I know that these quotes and sayings never really heal the pain, but they certainly help us express the agony that we go through when we lose a friend.

Blog Archive